A Killer Season

The+Lady+Patriots+smile+for+the+camera+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Killer Season

The Lady Patriots smile for the camera

The Lady Patriots smile for the camera

Photo provided by Ashleigh Westerman

The Lady Patriots smile for the camera

Photo provided by Ashleigh Westerman

Photo provided by Ashleigh Westerman

The Lady Patriots smile for the camera

Peyton Long, Reporter

Lady Patriots’ season just came to an end. This season was packed with notable moments and wins that astounded fans in the trench.

It’s not just a sports team, it’s not just about the wins and loses, ” Coach Lisa Beasley commented. “We are a family.”

Though there were many notable moments from this season, Beasley says her favorite was beating West Memphis on their own turf. The team beat their long time rivals 3-1, keeping their winning streak alive.

“It is sad that this is my last year, and I will miss all of my coaches and teammates. I have been with these coaches the last 6 years and they have helped instill a sense of discipline in me as well as a passion for the game” Senior Xandri Inman said. “I still can’t believe it’s over and I hope the best for the future of Marion Volleyball”

Despite losing many key players due to graduation, there is still hope for the upcoming seasons. Freshman Anna Caroline Fesmire and Daedrianna Cali have both been selected as ‘Phenom Players’ by the American Volleyball Coaches Association. This award recognizes elite, rising high school volleyball student athletes.

“Receiving this honor as freshmen is remarkable,” Beasley said of Fesmire and Cali. “We also have a very talented, competitive group of ninth graders moving up from the Jr. High team next season that will make our defense pretty solid.”

If anyone is interested in joining next seasons team talk to Coach Beasley at the Junior High.