• May 18Come support the Patriots as they take on rivals WM Sept. 21 at home.

Patriot Expressions

Rules to Live By

Photo By Ciara Massey

Photo By Ciara Massey

Kristina Lara, Reporter

It is a new year, and with it comes new rules. Expectations of students, however, have remained the same. New rules like dress code, tardies and conduct have a lot of gray areas. With the help of Assistant Principal Jonathan Crymes clarification is just a click away.

During the first few weeks of school the bells were not working, but have no fear no one was penalized for being late. Since the bells have come back on all students will be expected to get to class on time.

Dress Code is something that everyone must be conscious of while in school. Sometimes the dress code needs clarification. Items such as sweatpants or joggers look similar, and they need to be properly distinguished. Sweatpants are not allowed.

“The joggers that are tight at the bottom,” Mr. Crymes said. “Drawstrings, pockets in ‘em are okay.”

Leggings can be worn with a shirt that reaches the tip of the middle finger when the hands are at the sides, and can not have any mesh or cutouts above the knee.

Headbands are only allowed if the student is wearing the headband to push their hair back and must be appropriate, meaning no bandanna print.

It is possible to be stylish and in dress code? Everyone’s style is different, but remember that the dress code says “little/no visible cleavage.” Shirts with large arm holes and large cut outs on the back must have some coverage. Take sweaters for example, they can be worn over the shirt or a camisole.

“As long as there is no skin showing, especially through the back and through the arm holes, you’re fine,” Mr. Crymes said.

Also this year no outside food or drink will be allowed on campus. This includes water bottles of any kind.

Students should always remember to follow school rules because rules help to prepare them for life ahead. Rules are everywhere not just at school. Everyone has to follow rules in the workplace, when driving on the road and in life itself.