• May 18Early Dismissal on Fri. Nov. 16th for Thanksgiving Break!!

• March 29Bonfire Thurs. 6:30 in the lot behind the visitors field to celebrate making it to the playoffs!!

Patriot Expressions

Planning for Success

Photo By Ciara Massey

Photo By Ciara Massey

Ciara Massey, Reporter

It is no secret that the average high school student is pretty busy trying to make time for homework, social events and family life. Even the sharpest minds can be forgetful, which is why the planning movement is one that all students should consider. This movement promotes organization, time management skills and holds students accountable.

Planners are essentially a date book. Rising in popularity, planners are starting to evolve from a traditional black notebook to something more complex.

There are two types of planners, paper and digital. Many people prefer to use digital planners as they are easily accessible by phone at all times. Since cell phone use is often outlawed in many schools, paper planners are the best way to go for students. This way they can reap all the benefits and stay out of trouble.

Paper planners are the most versatile and come in a variety of layouts. Some contain a simple month by month calendar, while others are more complex and have a day to day and week to week area. The planning movement is unique in the fact that users are not restricted to one layout or the other.

The best way to utilize a planner is to get it out at key times throughout the day. Whether that be the beginning and end of the day or the beginning and end of the period, it is important to make it a routine. Studies have shown that students are prone to remember their assignments and due dates if the student writes them down in their planner on a daily.

With the beginning of a new school year, comes a new graduating class. Being a senior comes with a horde of new dates, the most important being prom and graduation. As seniors are transitioning from high school into the adult world, a planner will be a good tool to incorporate into everyday life.

Planners are useful in remembering assignments, but they can be used for so much more than that. More responsibility is acquired as life goes on. For example, students who use a planner for school will transition into everyday adult life much easier. Whether using a planner for remembering an assignment, or a big business meeting, it is important to take note on the fact that this is a reliable tool. Once it is being used daily, it will be hard to stop.